Discover Beaver Island
America's Emerald Isle
What is open in our shoulder season?
Places to Stay:
Richards Rental Management has several rentals open year round. Contact them at 231-675-6717. Erin Motel is open (231-448-2240) along with Burton’s rentals (231-838-2883) and Give me Shelter (217-979-3040).
Additional rentals and accommodations can be found on under our accommodations tab.
Stores, Shops and Restaurants
- Shamrock Bar- 7days a week: Starting 2/1- open 4-10. Dinner is 5-8. Starting 2/5- open daily for lunch 11:30-2, 4-10 for drinks- Food served in evenings every day from 5-8. Also available for food- take out.
- Dalwhinnie: m-sat: 9-2, Sundays- closed-take out available. Pizza night Friday and Saturdays 4-7 p.m. Beer and Wine available.
- Beachcomber Bar- open 4-10 p.m. – 7 days a week. Food available for dine in and take out.
- McDonough’s Market: m-f: 9-6, Saturday 9-5 p.m. Sunday- 10-1:00 p.m.
- Powers Hardware-m-f: 8-4, Sat: 9-4, Sun: 10-2
- Island Energies: 8-6 m-sat, Sun: 10-4
- St. James Boat Shop: 10-4 7 days a week
- Eager Beaver Clean: m-f 8:30-6, Sat/Sun 10-5
Explore Beaver island
The largest island in Lake Michigan, Beaver Island hosts many activities for every nature lover. The year round population is approximately 600 – with a large percentage of Irish descent. Time slows down here, offering a peaceful, relaxed way of life. Tour the Island by bicycle, or bring your car over on the ferry or rent a car to circle the Island in an afternoon.
Things To Do And See On Beaver Island
Because of our location in the middle of northern Lake Michigan Beaver Island is one of the finest dark skies star gazing locations in the United States. We are far away from the light pollution of any large metro areas.
Chamber of Commerce Members
Beaver Island Community Calendar
The Beaver Island Community Calendar is maintained by WVBI. Content here is included in WVBI’s weekday on-air Community Calendar report at 9, noon, 3 and 6. These events are also shown on the digital displays around town and across as well as in previews for movies at the BIC Center. Want digital signage at your business or rental? Learn more here.
NOTE: This version of the calendar does not include community board and governance meetings or other events not likely to be of interest to visitors. To see those or to view more than the events for the next 7 days shown below, visit the full WVBI Community Calendar.